Yu, Dr. Ang
Dr. Ang Yu’s academic and technical background includes RF circuits/electronics, microwave (transmission line based devices), applied electromagnetism, antenna design and analysis for communication systems, electromagnetic forward modeling for radar imaging application, and sensors for structural health monitoring. His approach involves both mathematical modeling, simulation (using commercial software and customizedsoftware) and experimental work (doing prototype design, fabrication, and measurement).
Dr. Yu has taught courses such as Engineering Mathematics, Electromagnetism, Wireless Communications, and Introductory Electronics. He has mentored graduate and undergraduate students while participating in research projects:
- Carrying out experiments on a radio frequency (RF) sensor prototype for structural health monitoring, design of passive circuit component and test of the system (S-band).
- Modeling of a moving radar platform for landmine and improvised explosive devices (IED) detection, focused on the forward (numerical) modeling of the system and the evaluation of the antenna sub-system (L- and S-band).
- Array antenna and wideband, circularly polarized antenna design, involving mathematical modeling, numerical simulation, experimentation, data gathering, and data fitting.
- Ang Yu, Fan Yang, AtefZ. Elsherbeni, John Huang, and Yanghyo. Kim, “An offset-fed X-band reflectarray antenna using a modified element rotation technique”, IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 1619-1624, Mar. 2012.
- Bhavani Devireddy, Ang Yu, Fan Yang, and AtefZ. Elsherbeni, “Gain and bandwidth limitations of reflectarrays”, Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal,vol. 26, no. 2, Feb. 2011.
- Ang Yu, Fan Yang, AtefZ. Elsherbeni, John Huang, and Yahya Rahmat-Samii, “Aperture efficiency analysis of reflectarrays”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters. Vol. 52, Issue 2, pp. 364-372, Feb. 2010.
- Ang Yu, Fan Yang, and AtefZ. Elsherbeni, “A planar rhombic antenna with a broad circular polarization bandwidth for integrated single chip radio transceivers”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters. Vol. 51, Issue 6, pp. 1493-1496, Jun. 2009.
- Ang Yu, Fan Yang, and AtefZ. Elsherbeni, “A dual band circularly polarized ring antenna based on composite right and left handed metamaterials”, Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 78, pp. 73-81, 2008.
- Ayobami O. Idubor, Skander Chaouch-Bouraoui, Ang Yu, and Mihai Dimian, “A unified approach to design multi-way Bagley polygon power dividers”, in Proceedings of IEEE Southeast Conference, 2019
- Skander Chaouch-Bouraoui, Ang Yu, and Mihai Dimian, “Radiation characteristics of the Vivaldi antenna in landmine detection application”, in Proceedings of IEEE Southeast Conference, 2018
- Ang Yu, Osamudiame Idubor, and Mihai Dimian, “Radar cross section calculation for subsurface objects”, in Proceedings of IEEE Radar Conference, 2016
- Yayu Hew, Ang Yu, and Haiying Huang, “Ultra-low power wireless strain sensing system”, Proceeding of 50thAIAA Aerospace Science Meeting, Jan. 2012
- Yayu Hew, Ang Yu, and Haiying Huang, “Radio frequency powered wireless strain sensor”, Proceeding of 8thInternational Workshop on Structure Health Monitoring, Sept. 2011
- Ang Yu, Fan Yang, Atef Z. Elsherbeni, and John Huang, “Transmitarray antennas: an overview,” IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation/ International Union for Radio Science, July 2011