Before you begin your FAFSA application, gather the documents needed:
- Social Security number
- Parents’ Social Security number
- Driver’s license (if you have one)
- Alien registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Use 2018 Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if married) and for your parents if you are a dependent student.
- Record of untaxed income such as child support, interest income, and veterans noneducational benefits
- Information on cash, savings and checking account balances, investments and real estate
Keep these records in a safe place as you may need them again.
Complete the FAFSA application in a browser other than Chrome
2019-2020 FAFSA (Fall 2019, Spring & Summer 2020) Use 2017 Federal Taxes & W2s
2020-2021 FAFSA (Fall ‘2020, Spring & Summer 2021) Use 2018 Federal Taxes & W2s
For the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, enter your address just as it is on your tax forms without any punctuation.
CU's FAFSA School Code: 002956
Sign and submit your applications. Make sure you receive confirmation that the application was completed successfully.
Once you have submitted your application, the US Department of Education will process your application within 3-5 days. You will then receive a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR). Review that information for accuracy. Make any necessary changes or corrections at studentaid.gov
Carolina University will be sent a copy of this information and will use that to create your award package. Usually within 48 hours, you should receive an email from this office with further instructions.