Executive Assistant To The President
- Reports to and works collaboratively with the President to coordinate operations, communications, and administrative functions of the President’s Office
- Ensures that the President’s priorities are honored by balancing the many demands and requests against those priorities and serving as her/his gatekeeper
- Optimizes the President’s time by reading and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating communications
- Maintains the President’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, phone calls, teleconferences, meals, etc. while coordinating with the schedules of other administrators and communicating all relevant details to participants, all with the goal of ensuring the President’s time is used strategically and not in menial ways
- Acts as the President’s travel agent to ensure everything is prepped and all travel (including international trips) details are covered with no surprises
- Conducts and presents research on potential donors, partners, etc.
- Initiates communications with potential donors, business and academic leaders, media sources, etc. as directed by the President
- Represents the President in phone, teleconference and physical meetings in her/his absence and speaks for the President as needed
- Promotes positive image of the University by welcoming and interacting professionally with guests, faculty, students, donors, trustees, alumni, prospective students, etc.
- Serves as the key liaison between the President and the faculty, staff, students, trustees, alumni, donors, etc.
- Organizes and hosts receptions and other gatherings
- Reads and quickly summarizes spreadsheets, reports, correspondences, etc. to keep the President aware of the important aspects of each as well as informing her/him of developing concerns, situations, etc.
- Prepares professional reports and presentations by collecting, analyzing, and compiling information
- Processes invoices, receipts and other expenditures to ensure accurate accounting of expenses and timely reimbursements
- Manages the day-to-day administrative activities of the President's Office, which may include oversight of clerical staff
- Maintains comprehensive and accurate records by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and recording meeting discussions
- Adapts to new technology and easily acquires new technical skills as needed
- Improves professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Works as a member of the team and willingly provides support for co‐workers
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President including simple errands and menial tasks
Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Minimum of three years of exceptional experience working with top executives
- Superb communication skills (oral and written) with a confident, concise, clear and compelling style producing well thought‐out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors
- High level organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in all G-Suite, MS Office and Adobe Acrobat applications
- Working knowledge of Jenzabar or similar databases a plus
- Excellent relationship builder who demonstrates high levels of tact, discretion, and diplomacy with all internal and external stakeholders
- Experience managing multiple calendars and booking extensive travel
- Demonstrated flexibility to perform well with little or much supervision and able to move back and forth between working independently and under direct supervision
- Proven ability to anticipate needs, manage day‐to‐day workflow as well as long term planning for meetings and projects
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of activities, complete essential projects, and stay ahead of critical deadlines
- Willingness to provide nearly invisible yet extensive support to the President to enable her/him to work more efficiently and effectively towards reaching goals
- Track record of excellence, faithfulness, loyalty and trustworthiness
- Natural inclination for discretion and confidentiality combined with the discernment to know when and what information should be disseminated to faculty, students, staff and other constituencies
- Commitment to consistent 8-5 office hours combined with the understanding that the President's travel, speaking, and meeting schedule may occasionally require assistance at other times
- Positive spirit, unflappable demeanor, and good sense of humor
Carolina University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, or national origin in staff employment practices. However, as a Christian organization, the University employs those who are Christ-centered and agree to follow the Carolina University Code of Conduct.
Please email your resume, letters of reference, salary requirements, and a cover letter demonstrating your familiarity with the requirements and responsibilities and reasons you believe you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Your resume should include a current phone number and email address. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we cannot accept applications or resumes in person or by mail.
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job Description Summary: Performs a variety of functions in the care, prevention and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for student-athletes through an existing sports medicine program. Specific responsibilities include coordination of medical care for sports as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer, team travel, work on weekends, and some holidays.
Carolina University is a member of NCCAA Division I – South Region
- Provides comprehensive evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletically injured student-athletes, in conjunction with appropriate medical personnel; Primary sports responsibilities include practices, games, travel, and emergency preparation
- Maintain detailed and current medical records
- Assist in daily maintenance of athletic training facilities and equipment
- Educate athletes on injury prevention, management, and return to play
- Assist in the processing of medical insurance claims and related information
- Collaborate with staff to create and update emergency action plans as well as policies and procedures documentation
- Assist in inventory, purchasing, and restocking medical supplies and equipment
- Assist in administering preseason concussion baseline testing as well as follow ups
- Serve as a liaison between coaches, student-athletes, physicians, and parents
- Develop and distribute visiting team information in the form of an email in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Associate Athletic Director
- Communicate daily with all members of sports medicine staff, coaches, and athletes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-2 years of experience in athletic training in the intercollegiate setting
- NATA Certification, Licensure (eligible for NC), and CPR/AED certification
- Strong written and verbal communication and computer utilization skills
- Ability to lift 30lbs with appropriate accommodation
- 3 Professional References
Salary will range from $35,000-$45,000
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com