Carolina University is seeking a full-time English Professor responsible for teaching undergraduate English courses on-campus and online. There is also a new masters degree in English approved that could be added to the teaching responsibilities according to credentials. The position requires the incumbent to teach a minimum of seven courses in a 12-month period. CU teaches on a 7-week session schedule with two sessions per semester and 3 semesters per academic year: fall, spring, and summer.
- Delivering excellent classroom and online teaching in assigned courses.
- Developing, utilizing, and evaluating instruction techniques and evaluative tools to assist students in meeting course/program objectives and successfully persist toward a degree.
- Providing students with a full syllabus and course outline at the beginning of each semester and administering assessments, fair grading, and record-keeping in accordance with CU deadlines. Assisting students with learning outcomes and progress toward a degree.
- Maintaining positive behaviors and establishing collaborative relationships to facilitate learning.
- Demonstrating expert knowledge in the assigned content area; utilizing research in teaching.
- Actively contributing to CU committees, recruiting, and professional activities.
- Regularly attending campus activities (convocation/chapel, social functions, athletics, etc.)
- Advocating and promoting the mission of the university personally and professionally.
The Employee will report directly to the Deans of the School of Arts & Sciences.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in the discipline of English from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the discipline of English.
- Three years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level (preferred).
- Prior teaching experience in college writing is a plus, particularly teaching online.
Candidates must be aligned with the university’s Christ-Centered mission with a passion and the desire to serve our students. Position open until filled. Salary range: $60,000 - $70,000 based on credentials.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest addressing your match for our criteria, a curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.