Gentry, Dr. T.J.
Piedmont Divinity School
PhD in Theology and Apologetics, Liberty University 2022
PhD in Missiology, North-West University 2022
PhD in Biblical Studies, Carolina University 2020
PhD in Leadership, Carolina University 2019
DMin in Pastoral Counseling, Carolina University 2015
ThM in Theology, Liberty University 2016
MA in Philosophy, Holy Apostles College and Seminary 2019
MA in Apologetics, Luther Rice College and Seminary 2016
MDiv in Chaplaincy, Liberty University 2011
MAR in Church Ministries, Liberty University 2011
BA in Political Science, Southern Illinois University 1994
Dr. Gentry is a pastor, apologist, author, and Bible teacher. He is a retired Army Chaplain and married with five children. His ministry website is tjgentry.com.
- Pulpit Apologist: The Vital Link between Preaching and Apologetics. Eugene: Wipf and Stock, 2020.
- Absent from the Body, Present with the Lord: Biblical, Theological, and Rational Arguments against Purgatory. Eugene: Wipf and Stock, 2019
- You Shall Be My Witnesses: Reflections on Sharing the Gospel. Carbondale: Illative House, 2017.
- Thinking of Worship: A Liturgical Miscellany. Carbondale: Illative House, 2011
- A Moral Way: Aquinas and the Good God. Houston: Moral Apologetics Press, under contract to release June 2020.
- Finding Grace: Hope of Salvation in a Good God. Houston: Moral Apologetics Press, under contract to release October 2022.
- “Rabboni: Christ’s Resurrection through the Eyes of Mary Magdalene.” Eleutheria, Spring 2021.
- “Could it Be Reasonable to Conclude that Jesus Did it and John Wrote it Down? An Inquiry into the Veracity of John 7:53—8:11, the Pericope Adulterae.” Eleutheria, Fall 2021.
- “A Biblical Case Against Homosexuality.” The Evangelical Review of Theology and Politics, 2020 (Co-authored with J. Brian Huffling).
- “Human Dignity, Self-Determination, and the Gospel: An Inquiry into Personalism and its Implications for Evangelization.” Studia Gilsoniana, 2020.
- “Choosing Wrong: A Biblical Response to Pro-Choice Christians.” Luther Rice Journal of Christian Studies, 2019.
- “Mind and Heart: An Apologetic for Passional Reason.” International Society of Christian Apologetics Journal, 2019.
- “Proclaiming Faith from the Pulpit: The Essential Relationship between Preaching and Apologetics.” Aletheias, 2019.
- “Knowing the Savior: A Critical Assessment of Philosophical Religious Pluralism, Christian Pluralism, and Christian Exclusivism.” Aletheias, 2018.
- “Unleashing Faith by Bearing One Another’s Burdens: An Exploration of the Biblical Rationale and Practice of Christians Helping Christians through Lay Counseling Ministries.” Aletheias, 2019.
- “Why Apologetics Is Personal: Keeping Human Dignity at the Heart of Defending the Gospel.” National Conference on Christian Apologetics, Rock Hill, SC, April 2022.
- “Good Preacher: Preaching, Apologetics, and the Moral Argument.” International Society of Christian Apologetics, Charlotte, NC, April 2022.
- “Yes, You! Why Every Christian Must Be an Apologist.” Good Reasons Apologetics Conference, West Frankfort, IL, October 2021.
- “Mind and Heart: An Apologetic for Passional Reason.” International Society of Christian Apologetics, Matthews, NC, April 2018.
- “Mother of My Lord: An Evangelical Assessment of the Patristic Roots of Marian Dogma.” Evangelical Theological Society Midwest Regional, Grand Rapids, MI, March 2018.
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Evangelical Homiletics Society
- Evangelical Missiological Society
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
- Evangelical Theological Society
- International Society of Christian Apologetics
- Society of Christian Philosophers
- 8th Degree Black Belt, Renzoku Jujitsu
- 5th Degree Black Belt, Budoshin Jujitsu
- 5th Degree Black Sash, Five Animal Kung Fu
- 1st Degree Black Belt, Okinawan White Crane Karate
- Training and Teaching Martial Arts Since 1984