Petrovic, Dr. Lidija
Lidija T. Petrović (PhD, MA Dipl. Ing.) is a Professor of Practice – Business at Carolina University, North Carolina, USA. Dr. Petrović has been teaching and supervising students in higher education sector at all academic levels for over ten years. Lately, she has worked as full-time Associate Professor of International Business Administration at LCC International University, the Baltic (Klaipeda), Lithuania. She is Associate Professor for International Postgraduate Educational Programs and PhD Module Leader of compulsory doctoral course on Strategic Management, Innovation and Risk Management and professional training program on COVID-19, Telemedicine and e-Health at the University for Peace est. by the United Nations (UPEACE ECPD Belgrade) and ECPD Regional Institute for Development Studies, Skopje, North Macedonia (2015 - onwards). Visiting Professor, Université de Valenciennes et du Hainaut – Cambrésis, France. Assistant Professor in Business & Marketing and Sport Management, Belgrade Metropolitan University, Serbia (2017 - 2018). Full-time Assistant Professor in Management & Marketing at the Faculty of Finance, Banking and Audit and Faculty of Information Technology and Full-time Assistant Professor of Sport Management at the Faculty of Management in Sport at ALFA University, Belgrade (2013 - 2017). Her research focuses on business economics, management and applied management disciplines, strategic management, sport business management and digital technologies, sports event management and marketing, as well as technology and innovation management. As the sole author or a co-author she has published a greater number of scientific papers including international monograph "Strategic Management and Event Management in Light of Generating Competitive Advantages of Organizational Units: A Resource-Based Approach" (UPEACE, 2016). She delivered presentations at numerous international conferences and foreign academic institutions, as follows: UPEACE, Université de Valenciennes et du Hainaut-Cambrésis, ISC Paris School of Management, Université Rennes 2, University of Stirling, Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management (Vistula Group of Universities), University of Social Sciences Warsaw, Lithuanian Sports University, Universidad Europea Real Madrid Graduate School, etc. Fully three-lingual (in addition to her mother tongue), she possesses excellent knowledge of both English and French, elementary knowledge of Lithuanian and is learning Russian.
Publications and Intellectual Contributions (selected, in no specific order of preference):
Petrović, L. (2016). Strategic Management and Event Management in Light of Generating Competitive Advantages of Organisational Units: A Resource-Based Approach (reviewers: professors Siniša Zarić, Michel Desbordes, Tauno Kekäle), Belgrade: European Center for Peace and Development, The University for Peace established by the United Nations, ISBN 978-86-7236-104-9, p. X + 200, COBISS.SR-ID 222600972
Petrović, L., Milovanović, D. & Desbordes, M. (2015). Emerging Technologies and Sports Events: Innovative Information and Communication Solutions. Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal, 5 (2), pp. 175-190. (AERES classified/CNRS Selection/EBSCO Indexed). Cite Score 2016: 0.78. The permanent link to the document: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/SBM-06-2012-0021
The paper has been cited in several countries in Europe, USA, South America and Asia.
Petrović, L. (2013). Information Society Development and Digital Divide Measuring: An Adjusted Focus on the Renewed i2010 Lisbon Agenda, Revista Metalurgia International, 18 (Spec. Issue no. 8), pp. 80-84, SCI-listed, IF (2012) = 0.154.
Petrović, L., Ghasemzadeh, M. & Hautbois, C. (2021/22, in press). COVID-19 and Economic Impacts: What can be learnt from Review in Evaluation of Major Sports Events?, Taylor & Francis Group WASM Series’ Book (Editor: Prof. Dr. James J. Zhang, University of Georgia, USA).
Petrović, L. & Zarić, S. (2013). The Strategic Sports Event Planning Process Model: A Contemporary Approach, In S. Zarić (Ed.), EVENT PLANNING: Principles and Practices (pp. 197-242) (foreword written by prof. dr Dennis Wilcox), Belgrade: HESPERIA Edu.
Petrović, L. (2014). Distance Learning and Tele-Educational Services Development: An Example of Health Sector (in Serbian), Ecologica (UDC 502.7 ISSN 0354-3285), XXI, 74, pp. 343-349.
Petrović, L. (2014). E-Health in the Theory and Application (in Serbian), Ecologica (UDC 502.7 ISSN 0354-3285), XXI, 75, pp. 387-392.
Petrović, L. (2016). Advanced Technologies in Sport: Next Generation Services, International Congress of Sciences and Football “Image, Multimedia & New Technologies”, key-note paper, Université de Valenciennes et du Hainaut – Cambrésis, 1-4 March 2016, ISBN 978-2-36424-048-3, pp. 11-14.
Petrović, L. & Scelles, N. (2017). Ownership Transformation and Sports Industry in Serbia: Is there a feasible solution to privatization in football?, key-note speaker of the University of Stirling and I3SAW International Congress “Sports Sciences in the Arab World and Europe: current state and future perspectives“, 24-27 April 2017, University of Stirling, Scotland, Conference Proceedings, pp. 67-72.
Ghasemzadeh, M., Petrović, L. & Ghorbani, M. (2021). The Role of Sport Integrity in Good Governance in Iranian Non-Governmental Sports Organizations, International Congress of Iranian Scientific Association of Sport Management, presented on 9-10 March 2021, Iran.
Ghasemzadeh, M., Petrović, L. & Hautbois, C. (2021, in review). An investigation of the relationship between good governance and brand governance of the Iranian National Sport Organisations, EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR SPORT MANAGEMENT (EASM 2021) CONFERENCE – 2021 EASM Festival of Sport Management Research and Practice, to be presented in September 2021.
Petrović, L. (2018). Video Assistant Referee System as a Major Change to the Way the Game is Officiated, Actes du Colloque – International Colloque Management du Sport – Perspectives et structuration de la recherche en management du sport – Université Rennes 2 et laboratoire VIPS – UFR STAPS, pp. 66-67.
Petrović, L. & Milovanović, D. (2017). Big Data Sports Analytics: A Platform for Team Performance Insights, World Association for Sport Management World Conference – Global Issues and New Ideas in Sport Management, Lithuanian Sports University, Kaunas, Lithuania, 20-23 June 2017, p. 120.
Petrović, L. (2017). Big Data Analytics in Sport: Importance and Implications, Sport: Probing the Boundaries – 1st Global Symposium and Inaugural Meeting of the International Association for the Interdisciplinary Study of Sport, Vienna, Austria, 2-3 December 2017.
Petrović, L., Petrović Djordjević, D. & Desbordes, M. (2017). Intercultural Challenges in Managing Sports Events: Sustainable Social Development and Soft Legacy, XI Intercultural Management Congress, University of Social Sciences, (Warsaw, Poland) and Clark University (Worcester, USA), Warsaw, Poland, 28-29 September 2017.
Cabral, L. & Petrović, L, (2016). SESI – A Brazilian Sports and Leisure Solutions, EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR SPORT MANAGEMENT (EASM 2016) CONFERENCE – Memories and Identities in Sport Management in Europe, Warsaw, Poland, 7-10 September 2016.
Petrović, L., Desbordes, M. & Milovanović, D. (2014). ICT Infrastructure at Sports Stadium: Requirements and Innovative Solutions. XX International Scientific Conference YuInfo & ICIST 2014, Proceedings Vol. 2, pp. 322-327.
Petrović, L., Petrović Djordjević, D. & Desbordes, M. (2013). An Approach to Sports Event Implementation Planning on the Example of UEFA European U-17 Championship. International Congress on Sport Management, ISC Paris School of Management, Paris, France, 12–14 June 2013.
Petrović, L. & Desbordes, M. (2013). Globalisation and its Aspects in the Business of Sport, Eighth International ECPD UPEACE Conference on Reconciliation and Human Security in the Balkans - New Balkans in a Changing World with a Changing Europe, City Hall Belgrade, 20 October 2012 (ISBN 978-86-7236-082-0), pp. 90-100..
Membership in Academic Journals and Professional Associations:
- Editorial Board member, Computer Technology and Application [ISSN1934-7332 (Print), ISSN 1934-7340 (Online), New York, USA].
- Reviewer and Member of the Editorial Team, International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship [Emerald Group Publishing, ISSN 1464-6668, SSCI, IF (2019) = 1.217].
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP Region 8 Journal) Appreciation for Service as a Reviewer of Papers, Dubai - Fujairah, November 2020.
- Editor on the Editorial Board for the Open Access Journal of Business Economics (OAJBE), MedCrave Online Publishing Group, USA.
- Sport Integrity Global Alliance (SIGA) University Network (SUN) – UPEACE Associate Professor and SIGA University Network Academic Partner, June 2020 – onwards. https://siga-sport.com/siga-university-network/
- International Society for Sports Sciences in the Arab World (I3SAW, since 2015)
- World Association for Sport Management (WASM, since 2014);
- Founding Member of the International Association for the Interdisciplinary Study of Sport (Inaugural Meeting held in Vienna, Austria 2-3 December 2017)
- Iranian Scientific Association of Sport Management (ISSMA, since January 2021)
- Member of the Scientific and Organizing Committees and key-note speaker of the International Congress of the I3SAW and University of Stirling “Sports Sciences in the Arab World and Europe: current state and future perspectives“ of the I3SAW and University of Stirling held from 24-27 April 2017 in Stirling (Scotland), http://i3saw.org/en/section-3
- Member of the Program Committee of the INFOTECH 2017 International ICT Conference & Exhibition
- The Influence of top athletes on the perceived image of their country of origin. The case of Novak Djokovic on Serbia’s image, project led by University of Paris – Saclay, France, The University for Peace, ECPD Belgrade, Serbia and Coventry University, UK including participants from a number of countries in the Western Europe, Q1 2021 – onwards;
- UEFA Expert Committee Member, UEFA GROW Index - project led by University of Stirling, Scotland, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Russia and University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 2016 – 2017.
- Inception Report on Privatization in Serbian Sports Industry, Identification and Initial Assessment of Main Groups of Organizational, Financial, Operational and Legal Problems, Lidija Petrović, Darko Spasić, Spasić & Partners Attorneys at Law, Spring – Fall 2015.
- TEMPUS International Joint Project Team Member, project entitled “Introducing Interdisciplinarity in Music Studies in the Western Balkans in line with European Perspective”, Ref. No. JP 517098 – 2011, University of Arts in Belgrade, 2011 – 2012.